I suppose I’ve made resolutions on previous years, but if I have, I don’t remember them.
I’m not big on resolutions. If I want to do something, I do it. Setting a date to “start” never appeals to me. I suppose I’m just too impulsive for that. It makes me a good doer, but not such a good planner.
There are things I want to do this year, plans I’ve made, but I wouldn’t call them resolutions per se.
If I had to pick one thing to try to change in 2013, it would be to relax more. I’m not a good relaxer. I mean to relax, but there’s always something to do, and if there’s something to do, I want to get it done. That’s why I have to leave my house in order to relax properly.
I had 5 goals for 2012. Let’s review.
1. Write more. Yeah, I definitely didn’t write more. If anything, I wrote less.
2. Keep up with healthy eating and exercise. Healthy eating, yes. Exercise… not so much.
3. Relax more. That didn’t work out so well.
4. Stretch. That’s probably a good one.
5. Survive the Mayan apocalypse. Hey, I accomplished it! Woo hoo!
I almost feel like I should come up with a 5th goal for the list, but I don’t have anything off the top of my head, so I’ll stick with 4.
Here’s to a happy and productive 2013.
I’ll roll my not-resolutions over for next year. All but number 5, since that one’s completed.