I love this time of year, and I do love Christmas music, though it can be excessive when played from October on. I grew up singing Christmas carols, but in general, I prefer non-traditional Christmas music. My favorite carol to sing is Joy to the World. My favorite carol in general is Carol of the Bells, but I prefer completely instrumental versions of it. These are my favorites, in no particular order.
1. Happy Christmas (War is Over)- John Lennon
2. Father Christmas- The Kinks
3. Christmas Wrapping- The Waitresses
4. Same Old Lang Syne- Dan Fogelberg
5. Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo 12/24- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
6. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer- Elmo & Patsy
7. The Entire Mr. Hankey’s Christmas Album
8. White Christmas- Bing Crosby
9. Snoopy’s Christmas- The Royal Guardsmen
10. Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer – Gene Autry
Honorable mention: I HATE the song The Christmas Shoes by Newsong. Most. Depressing. Song. Ever. It always makes me cry.
As a bonus, here’s a Top 100 list with lots of other songs… in case you’re looking for a playlist. 🙂