Yay! I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. It’s not really about “mystery” writing or anything like that; Mystery is a play on the name of the person who started the award, Okoto Enigma.
In order to participate in the award, I must:
Rule one: Put the award/ logo on my blog. Yep, it’s that way. <—–
Rule two: List the rules. Check.
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated me and provide a link to their blog. That was the wonderful Janet’s Smiles. Thank you!As you may guess, her mission in life is to make people smile. She does this by talking about life, music, and her wonderful crafts. I’m seriously jealous of her scrapbooks.
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link. I did that above. ^^
Rule 5: Tell my readers 3 things about myself.
- I love playing board games.
- I’m known for being quite clumsy. People who don’t want me to die get nervous when I do anything with a potential for injury.
- I love animals. I have five cats, two dogs, and various squirrels (we consider them our outdoor pets.)
Rule 6: Nominate 10- 20 people. I’ve found most of these blogs through A to Z over the years.
A Texan’s View of Upstate New York
Rule 7: Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Rule 8: Ask my nominees 5 questions of my choice; with one weird or funny question.
- What was the last game you played, and with who?
- What’s your favorite word or quote?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- What do you like on your pizza?
- What’s your favorite question to ask other people?
Rule 9: Share a link to my best posts. Some of my favorites:
How My Former Bullies are Doing Now
The five questions I was asked:
- Who is your favorite author? Oh, that’s a tough one. If you’d asked me even a few years ago, I would have said Dean Koontz. I don’t really have a single favorite anymore, so I’ll go with my five favorites: Bryn Greenwood, Holly Black, John Green, JD Robb, and as mentioned, Dean Koontz.
- How long have you been blogging? 7 years!
- Have you ever been nominated for a major award? Nope, this will be the first.
- If you could play a musical instrument what would it be? I’ve always wanted to learn to play piano, but anyone who’s ever heard me sing would tell you I’m tone deaf.
- Who is Carmen Sandiego and why should I care where in the world he is? Carmen Sandiego is a she! And she taught me all about geography and and about other cultures on my Commodore 64. She was a spy who traveled around the world, and I had to locate her using clues.
- Extra credit question, did I make you smile today? Always. 🙂
Yay! I’ve been known to be a tad clumsy myself 🙂 Great answers to my questions. Isn’t it fun being an award winner?
This is so fun! Thank you so much for the nomination! I will get to work on my blog post. Have a fantastic day! Okay, enough with the exclamation marks…
I can’t wait to see what you come up with. 🙂
I really love your answers. I saw this over at Janet’s. I am tickled you nominated me, but I think I’ll decline doing it. But I will answer your five questions right here: 😉
1. Last game I played was Go Fish with my five year old granddaughter.
2. Favorite quote is “Never say never”. I got it from Daddy.
3. Best compliment ever was when someone called me a “mature Christian.”
4. Favorite pizza is thin crust, garlic Parmesan sauce, beef, bacon, spinach, onion & black olives
5. Favorite question to ask someone else, hum, never thought about that. Most often I ask “how are you” or “what’s new with you”..
Thanks for answering the questions anyway! I thought they were fun.
Congratulations, it couldn’t have happened to a nicer blogger!