This was a fun little quiz I found online.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? Not really. I’ll read anywhere I can see the page. That includes while sitting, standing, walking, playing with the dogs, cooking, eating, etc.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? Anything that’s at hand. Receipts, fortunes from fortune cookies, post-its, random papers. I do have bookmarks though. I just mostly misplace them. Or leave them in the book when I’m done.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter? If I love the book, stopping anywhere is hard, but I can make myself do it at the end of a chapter. If I’m not as into it, I can stop anywhere.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading? Um, yes. Reading is life.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? Sort of. If I’m really into the book, I hear nothing that’s going on around me. I’m not usually watching the TV though; that’s my husband.
6. One book at a time or several at once? It depends. If I’m not that into the book, I might start another one at the same time. But if I’m really into it, I have trouble even putting it down.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? One time, a coworker told everyone she saw me reading while I was crossing the street. In fairness, it wasn’t like a busy street or anything.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? Silently. Shhh!
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages? No! Who even does that? (I might look ahead to see where the chapter ends, but I’m not reading it.)
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? Break it! Wear marks = love.
11. Do you write in your books? Yes! I write, highlight. I don’t worry about smudges or marks. Again, imperfections are signs of affection in my book. (See what I did there?)
1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, when you get a chance or all the time? Reading is life.
2. What is your best setting to read in? A setting where no one is attempting to talk to me. Getting arrested because I murdered the person who wouldn’t stop talking to me would really slow down my reading.
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch? In general, I prefer to read first. But I’ve been introduced to some really great books by watching a show or movie and seeing that there’s a book.
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, eBook, or phsyical book? I prefer a physical book, but I’ll go for an eBook if I need a quick fix. Or if I’m on vacation and don’t want to carry 8,000 pounds of books with me. I just started reading audiobooks, and they’re pretty cool. I can read while doing chores or driving.
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read? Is getting covered in cats unique?
6. Do book series have to match? I really prefer it, but I’m not going to stress if they don’t.