The 20 Books of Summer Reading Challenge started on June 1st and ends September 3, so we’re about halfway through.
Here were my original stacks:
Of the 18 books I read in the last month and a half, only 7 were from the list, and I started and abandoned 1. So with only a month and a half left, I’m less than halfway through.
I knew this was going to be a problem for me, actually reading books from a pre-chosen list. But I’m determined to get through the ones I’ve picked.
I’ve reviewed some of these books in more depth on Goodreads. You can follow me by clicking the button to the right, if you’re interested.
What I’ve read:
- Roseblood (meh!- 2 stars)
- Bel Canto (great!- 4 stars)
- The Couple Next Door (overrated- 2 stars)
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle (fun-3 stars)
- The Golden Compass (pretty good- 3 stars)
- The Subtle Knife (second book in the series, so not as good- 3 stars)
- The Amber Spyglass (fantastic, makes the series worth reading- 5 stars)
- Wicked (That one was supposed to be on my “alternate” pile. I guess I got them mixed up… oops)
Those of you who are participating in the reading challenge… how’s it going?