“Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature.”
Is nature random? Or is it just that we don’t understand the order?
I like the idea that creativity is the ability to introduce order into randomness, to see things in a way that others don’t. That’s one of the reasons I like taking pictures, even if the same photo has been taken 999 times before. It’s my picture, and seen through my eyes, which makes it different and unique.
I love random things. I love conversations that seem random, jumping from topic to topic. I have a game I play with a friend, where we email one another random words. There’s no rhyme or reason, no theme, just a series of random words. Because, why not?
I love all sorts of random things.
Some random facts about me:
1. I consider myself “geek lite.” I love science fiction and fantasy, as long as it doesn’t get too much into the actual science or world creation. I’m good at suspending disbelief. You don’t have to prove it to me. As long as it makes sense in the context of the world, we’re good.
2. I’m really bad at deleting my voicemail and emails. What if I need them someday?
3. I actually like the taste of water.
4. Everything is better with flowers and rainbows. Pretty colors!
5. When I don’t wear my glasses, I often get asked “Is that your real eye color?”
6. Penn & Teller are my favorite comedians/ magicians.
7. I used to tell people I wanted to be a serial killer when I grew up.
8. I love pedicures but am indifferent toward manicures.
9. I love sour foods.
10. My favorite authors are Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts, Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, and JK Rowling. (I could go on. And on. And probably on.)
“Expose yourself to as much randomness as possible.”
Have a random day today.