I’m a fan of doing things that bring me joy, but also finding joy in little things. I think that joy is a choice every day. Sometimes it’s an easier choice than others, but I like challenges. Sometimes. I mindfully look for things that bring me joy. So what brings me joy?
1. My dogs. No matter how my day has been, they’re happy to see me. They’ll give me kisses if I’m cranky or happy. All they ask is to have their ears rubbed and to be allowed to sit at my feet. They wouldn’t object to a milk bone or a walk though.
2. A good story. There’s nothing I love more than a good story. On paper, told orally, or if it’s good enough, on TV, a good story will keep me entertained and happy.
3. My garden. I love playing in the dirt and making things grow. I especially love eating garden fresh tomatoes and having too many zucchini.
4. Hiking. There’s something about putting one foot forward while moving through the desert that makes me happy but also makes me feel humble and connected. Plus, it’s pretty out there, and sometimes I get to see cool animals.
5. Helping. I do love my day job as a counselor, and I love being able to offer people help. They don’t always take it, but being able to offer it is enough for me. The choices they make from there are on them.
“One joy shatters a hundred griefs”
Joy is a choice. I choose joy today.
I very much agree that joy is a choice. And it’s a great choice to make. 🙂
Thank you! And thanks for stopping by.